Monday, March 15, 2010

Unexpected generosity

Last night we had dinner out celebrating middle’s 7th birthday. We had a blast at the local teppanyaki place as she had requested Japanese food where they cook in front of you. We met some very nice people on vacation and enjoyed lively conversation about kids, family etc. At the end they surprised us by picking up the check for our entire family of six.

Unbelievable.

When they first mentioned picking up the tab, I was sure my ears were mistaken because who does that? But when they actually asked the waitress to include our check with theirs I was floored. DH, brother & I all told them no that wasn’t necessary but they said they enjoyed meeting our little family and they loved little kids and wanted to do something special for middle’s birthday.

Did I mention it was a tab for $250? For complete strangers. Wowza.

Hopefully one day I can do the same for someone else and leave a smile on their faces for days.

So thanks to our new friends Renae & Ron. We hope you have a wonderful week at Disney with your grandkids. Your unexpected generosity has left our family feeling truly blessed and taught our kids generosity can come from unexpected places.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that's really something isn't it?
    So kind, and what a gorgeous way for your kids to learn how random acts of kindness can truly brighten someone else's day.

    Joanne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your website - through Joanne's! It's gorgeous. And love your bio - I agree - life is FAR TOO short to waste on housework!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanne
    I'm still smiling about it.

    Thank you Rachael. I did it one night when I was supposed to be writing. Yet another form of procrastination. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, but your blog is a necessary tool to stay in touch with the community, so a worthwhile spot of procrastination... that's what I tell myself anyway. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely story. There really are some very nice people in this world.

    X

    ReplyDelete