Monday, December 28, 2009

Wii fit age

After a couple of years of begging and pleading from hubby and kiddies, a Nintendo Wii finally made it to our home this Christmas. Wii Sport, Games & Fitness plus to be exact. The frenzy to open and set the device up was a joy to behold. Full grown men(DH & brother) and children were giddy with anticipation.

Who knew we could ski down the slippery slopes without once maneuvering the ski lifts, ski jump even though fear of heights would normally be an issue, try snowboarding without the snow and painful wipeouts, bowl without wearing nasty shoes a million other people have worn, hang with the skateboarding dudes down the half pipes, box a few rounds with the hubby without hurting anyone except your arms and a bunch of other activities I've never tried in my life. Lots of fun was had by all, from the youngest (2) to the oldest (68). Even this anti-video game mama got into the thick of things - I currently rule the Super Hula Hoop scores.

I had so much fun hooting, hollering and general trash talking that I can barely move. Yes, folks, my Wii fit age is an embarrassing $^%! I am so unbelievably sore. Christmas night, DH & I could barely shuffle along to our cozy bed. In fact I couldn't type on my WIP the day after Christmas I was so sore.

Yep, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I hope every one had a wonderful day with their loved ones.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like quite a workout. I'm tempted to dust off our Wii - perhaps I'll manage to work off some of those holiday chocolates...

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne,

    We're still having loads of fun. We're a competitive bunch and like to crow about beating such and such's record. Hubby and I are neck and neck on the ski slalom with me just ahead at 29seconds. The first day we were happy to get 1:07 min/sec. Now it's getting tough to break each other's records.

    I'm horrible at yoga and strength training but hope to improve on it. Seeing the daily wii age gets right depressing though.

    Take care.
    Gibb

    ReplyDelete